Saturday 25 April 2009

Jacksons












In an effort to avoid doing my aerodynamics project last weekend I decided to take advantage of the rain and go paddling.
On Saturday I met up with UCD canoe club, running the section from Trooperstown down to Bookies bridge. This was my first run down Jacksons in C1 so it was a little intimidating at first. Thankfully I made it down upright every time which was a bit of a relief.

On Sunday I ran the same section again, only this time with some friends from the North who had come down for the weekend to do some paddling as the North was dry. They were not disappointed as the Annamoe was still running at a low (but still runnable) level.

Paddling in Wicklow is always good craic, I cant wait to get back home and get paddling there again!













1 comment:

  1. What's this I hear about some nutter wearing an army surplus Kevlar helmet in an attempt to headbutt the opposition out of the water...would you care to comment??

    ReplyDelete